Crosman is proud to announce the company’s YouTube channel has been viewed 1,000,000 times since it was established three years ago.
Crosman hit the virtual airwaves in January 2009 with this video. It was a slow start in those early days with four videos posted that year, all in the same month. After another round of videos from SHOT Show in 2010 the channel came to life around April with multiple new productions each month on topics ranging from how-to’s, field target competition, new product introductions, hunting episodes and Shooting Services events.
“Our video team takes a lot of pride in the content we produce and in its delivery”, said Chip Hunnicutt, Web and Social Marketing Manager. “We try to deliver something unexpected in every production, whether it’s in the script, camera angles or post-production. We have fun doing these videos and I think this comes through to the audience,” he added.
Mark Hedberg is Senior Digital Producer for Crosman, “we like that more and more people are watching these videos and are telling us they like them. That feedback makes us want to do more and even better videos. These videos stand out for the information they deliver and the quality of their production. It’s all done in-house and the company has shown they are behind what we’re doing by investing in new equipment and personnel.”
What’s been most popular over the first million views? Here they are:
- Benjamin Rogue .357 Scores First Hog (136,217 views)
- Benjamin Marauder PCP Pistol (92,201)
- Benjamin Air Rifles (76,258)
- Nitro Piston Wallops Woodchuck (60,754)
- Prairie Dogs, Jim Chapman and the Benjamin Marauder (45,971)
- Nitro Piston Tech by Crosman (37,529)
- New Break Barrel Rifles from Crosman (37,376)
- Benjamin Rogue .357 at SHOT Show 2011 Media Day (36,217)
- Not all small game is small (32,939)
- Melons No Match for Benjamin Rogue .357 (32,878)
The Crosman staff have their own personal favorites:
- Jon Reddout, Web Developer, thought the SHOW Show 2012 Booth Tour was good “because we haven’t produced anything about SHOT for those who can not attend.”
- “I’ve enjoyed seeing the steady improvement in the quality of our productions, from the first time we used a slider shot or our homemade jib in the opening of the SHOT Show Advertorial“, said Hedberg, adding “even the acting has gotten better!”
- Ryan Bates, Graphic Designer for Crosman immediately named this Benjamin Woods Walker spot a favorite, “it’s funny and gives some personality to the brand.”
- “Talking with the outdoor pros at SHOT Show is fun to me because it’s completely unscripted and we’re just a couple buddies talking hunting. These outdoor professionals genuinely believe in airguns for hunting and in some cases they’re actually surprised by their performance,” says Hunnicutt. “The Woods Walker and Marauder spots we did recently really show the team firing on all cylinders, they’re awesome.”
- Ed Schultz points to his hog hunt with the Rogue which has been the most viewed video every month since it was posted over a year ago. “The pigeon hunt was good too,” he added, “that video shows how effective and quiet an airgun can be around a farm.”
What’s your favorite Crosman video? Let us know in the comments!