2019 Minimum Advertised PriceEffective January 1, 2019
For over 90 years, Crosman Corporation (“Crosman”) has been a leader in the outdoor products category. We recognize that our success is tied to the success of our network of dealers.
We also know that many of our dealers invest significant time and resources to deliver an extraordinary customer experience. We want to protect their ability to do so, while at the same time discourage price-based advertising that would be detrimental to our dealer's service and support efforts. As a result, Crosman has unilaterally established this Minimum Advertised Price (“MAP”) Policy.
2. Policy Statement
Crosman, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to discontinue doing business with any distributor/dealer that advertises any product(s) covered by this MAP Policy at a price lower that the MAP.
3. General Guidelines
- 1. The products covered by this policy are listed in Section 5, (“MAP Products”). Crosman may in its sole discretion modify this list from time to time.
- 2. The MAP Policy applies to advertised prices, not the price at which MAP Products are actually sold or offered for sale to an individual in-store or over the telephone.
4. Advertising Guidelines
- 1. The MAP Policy applies to all advertisements of MAP Products in any and all media, including but not limited to flyers, posters, coupons, mailers, inserts, newspapers, magazines, catalogs, television, radio, and public signage, as well as Internet sites, social media sites, apps, or any other electronic media.
- 2. The MAP Policy does not apply to solely on premise or in-store advertising that is not distributed to customers
- 3. It shall not be a violation of this MAP Policy to advertise like “meet or beat the competition” which invites a negotiation, but the advertised price cannot be below Crosman MAP price.
- 4. It shall not be a violation of this MAP Policy to advertise in general that the dealer has “the lowest prices” or will match or beat its competitors’ prices, or to use similar phrases; so long as the dealer does not include any advertised price below MAP and otherwise complies with this MAP Policy.
- 5. Dealers may NOT use “see price in cart” or “too low to show” as a vehicle to price below MAP.
- 6. From time to time, Crosman may permit dealers to advertise MAP Products at prices lower than the MAP retail price. In such events, Crosman reserves the right to modify or suspend the MAP retail price with respect to the affected products for a specified period of time by providing advance notice to all dealers of such changes.
From time to time Crosman may offer a direct manufacturer’s rebate to consumers. In such events, it shall not be a violation of this MAP Policy to advertise the availability of the manufacturer's rebate, provided that:
- i. the advertisement includes a MAP-compliant price, the rebate amount, and the net price after manufacturer's rebate in the same type size and style;
- ii. an asterisk is placed next to the net price after manufacturer's rebate; and
- iii. “*after manufacturer's rebate” appears in the same area of the advertisement as the advertised product.
5. Policy Enforcement
- 1. If a dealer with multiple store locations violates this MAP Policy at any one store location, or on any associated website, then Crosman will consider this to be a violation by the dealer.
- 2. Any distributor/dealer selling through an online web site below MAP, as a third party dealer, will immediately be suspended until corrections are completed. Multiple violations can result in permanent suspension. The online dealer will also be restricted in obtaining any new product models until MAP policy guidelines are followed for all participants on the retail site they are providing as a selling platform. Continued disregard by online provider can result in further restrictions up to and including suspension of buying privileges both directly and through distribution.
- 3. Any wrong, or misinformation about Crosman, our product, warranties, policies, or product attributes, published either online, on in print, can also lead to suspension of shipments.
- 4. Crosman’s MAP Policy Administrator is solely responsible for determining whether a violation of the MAP Policy has occurred.
- 5. Should Crosman find that a dealer has violated the Crosman MAP policy, that dealer will be asked to immediately correct the violation. If dealer does not immediately correct the violation a second notice will be sent. If a dealer does not correct their pricing within 48 hours of the second notice, all Crosman distributors will be notified to immediately suspend shipments to these dealers for a minimum of 90 Days. If the same dealer continues to violate MAP or has a second violation after suspension has been removed all, Crosman distributors will be notified to immediately suspend shipments to that dealer for a minimum of 12 months.
- 6. All Crosman distributors will also be notified of the violator’s identity and that they are to immediately suspend shipments to the dealer until they are notified by Crosman, that the violation has been corrected.
- 7. Any Crosman distributor found to be selling to a suspended dealer will be notified in writing to immediately follow the MAP suspension. If there is a second violation from the same distributor, this will result in suspension of shipments for a minimum of 90 Days.
- 8. Crosman monitors the advertised prices of dealers, either directly or via the use of 3rd party agencies or tools. Dealers are expected to provide reasonable cooperation in any Crosman investigations regarding possible MAP Policy violations. Hindering, obstructing, delaying, or otherwise failing to cooperate with a Crosman MAP Policy investigation is a violation of this MAP Policy.
- 9. The MAP Policy will be enforced by Crosman in its sole discretion and without notice. Distributors and dealers have no right to enforce the MAP Policy. Violations of this policy may result in any of the aforementioned sanctions up to and including termination of our business relationship, as well as any available remedies at law. All questions related to this MAP Policy should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Stock Code||Description||2019 MSRP||2019 MAP|
|AXCMW185CK||MERCENARY 390 (2018)||$399.99||$299.99|