Make safety your most important priority when handling, transporting, storing, and shooting airguns. Make it a routine to follow all the rules of safe gun handling. Always be aware of the airgun, your surroundings, and those people around you.
- point an airgun in a safe direction.
- treat an airgun as if it were loaded.
- wear shooting glasses to protect your eyes.
- keep an airgun unloaded until ready to shoot.
- keep an airgun "on safe" until ready to shoot.
- keep your finger off the trigger and out of the trigger guard until ready to shoot.
- be sure of your target and be sure your target has a safe backstop.
- check to see if the airgun is "on safe" and unloaded when getting it from another person or from storage.
- read and follow all instructions in the owner's manual and know how your airgun works before using it.
- store an airgun in a safe place so that it cannot be used by anyone unauthorized to use it.